About the course
The Post Graduate Program in Big Data Engineering Comprehensive is a unique program. It's curriculum has been created by BITS Pilani & Industry Experts. It consists of 5 practical industry projects deployed on AWS Cloud, Offline Base Camps with industry mentors, peer & faculty interactions and career support.
Who is the course for?
The program will benefit current IT & Technology Professionals, current Project Leads & Managers in IT/Tech Companies, current Big Data Professionals and Big Data Enthusiasts.
- Each course in this program is taught by top academicians from BITS and leading industry experts in big data from companies such as Accenture, Impetus, LatentView, JP Morgan, Slassy etc.
- Students will work on real-life industry-sponsored Big Data Projects to get valuable hands-on experience and develop a portfolio of projects. Each student will get $100 worth access to AWS Cloud to deploy the projects.
The curriculum has been developed by BITS faculty and leading Big Data companies. Most courses have an independent industry-sourced project that will be deployed by students on AWS Cloud. This syllabus will teach them end to end skills - a thorough understanding of fundamental concepts and thinking beyond tools
- Preparatory Sessions
- Foundations of Big Data Systems
- Platforms for Big Data
- Processing Big Data- ETL & Batch processing
- Processing of real-time data & streaming data
- Big Data Analysis
- Capstone project
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Candidate should have a minimum 3 years undergraduate degree like B.Tech/B.E./B.Sc/BCA or any other degree with adequate Mathematics and Computation experience
- Should have secured minimum 55% CGPA in their undergraduate examinations
- Should have minimum 6 months of overall work experience.
Selection is on the basis of the Online Application. If required, they may be asked to appear for 30 mins, online entrance test on mathematics and programming aptitude.